If you have home buying questions (and you should always have questions when buying a house), the focus should be on potential problems and maintenance issues.
What Questions Should You Ask a Seller Before Buying a House?
Does anything need to be replaced? What things require ongoing maintenance like paint, roof, heating and AC, appliances and carpet?
- When was the house built?
- How old is the roof? The A.C.?
- Has the home ever had any major repairs?
When buying a house, also ask about the property and neighborhood focusing on the living quality in the area.
- Is the neighborhood noisy?
- Is it friendly?
- How are the schools in the neighborhood?
- What are the property taxes in the area?
Be sure the home seller’s or real estate agent’s answers are clear and complete. Ask questions until you understand all of the information they’ve given.
Making a list of questions ahead of time will help you organize your thoughts and arrange all of the information you receive.