In this article
- Va Refinance Loan Information
- VA Streamline Refinance (IRRRL)
- What are the Advantages of a Streamline?
- What are the Requirements for a Streamline Refinancing my VA Home Loan ?
- What is a VA Funding Fee and how much is it for a Streamline?
- What Documents are Required to Qualify for a VA loan Streamline Refinance?
- Current VA Refinance Rates (VA Mortgage Rates) for Streamline Program (IRRRL)
- VA Refinance FAQ
- Is it possible to defer two mortgage payments in my home refinance?
- There is little to no equity in my home, can I still refinance?
- Will there be an income check to qualify?
- Do I need a Certificate of Eligibility for a VA loan Streamline?
- Will my VA loan amount increase by doing a Streamline?
- Can I subordinate a 2nd mortgage?
- Is there a loan limit to how much I can cash out?
VA into a Refinance Loan – VA Refinance loans are backed by the U.S Department of Veterans Affairs and offer a lot of benefit to veterans looking to save money. This special loan program is designed specifically for women and men who are in active military service, service members, veterans, or surviving spouses. The objective of VA Refinance is simple; to improve veterans’ financial situation by refinancing into VA refinance rates which yields a lower rate in monthly payment or term, payoff high interest debt or cash out for home improvement. Since VA loans are backed up by the government, monthly mortgage rates are lower with VA housing loans than conventional home loans. VA into a Refinance Loan is a great option.
Va Refinance Loan Information
If you are eligible and qualify, the program allows for you to refinance VA loan or cash out up to 90% of the value of the home with no mortgage insurance. VA loan rates are typically lower than conventional mortgage rate. This means you save money and get a better rate VA loan. Once you understand the basic steps involved with getting refinanced with your loans, VA refinancing will make you realize what a simple and uncomplicated process it really is to lower monthly obligations by using your VA Refinance entitlement.See How Easy it is to Get Your Custom Rate!
Find Out How Much Your Home is Worth!
Enter your address above and and check the esimated value of your home.
VA Streamline Refinance (IRRRL)
The VA Streamline Refinance Program also known as “The VA Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loan” (IRRRL) is designed to lower your interest rate by refinancing your existing VA loan. If you are currently in a VA loan and would like to lower interest rate by refinancing, the VA Refinance has made it easy for you. Since you already have a VA loan initially it’s a very simple and quick process to lower your monthly mortgage payments by taking advantage of this popular streamline VA refinance program. VA loans are available at low interest rates even to those who have low credit scores. VA into a Refinance Loan is a great option.
5 Simple Steps to Refinance Your Home
If you are planning to refinance this is a must read guide. It will walk you step-by-step through the process and let you know what to expect along the way.See Guide
What are the Advantages of a Streamline?
You can’t get cash back with IRRRL, loan with Streamline refinances your current VA loans with another home loan but with lower interest rates along with these Streamline VA Refinance Pros:
- You can switch from Adjustable Rate Mortgage to Fixed Rate Mortgage
- Better refinance rates or loan rates
- Lower monthly payment
- No new certificate of eligibility (COE) required
- No out of pocket money needed if you roll refinancing costs into the loan
- Lower VA funding fee than VA cash out refinance
- Fast turnaround time
- No appraisal required
- No income verification
- No debt to income calculation
- Streamlined paperwork process
- Primary residence, investment or second home OK
What are the Requirements for a Streamline Refinancing my VA Home Loan ?
In order to be eligible for the IRRRL:
- You will have to already be in a VA loan
- You have meet previous VA loan requirements
- No late payments in the past year on current VA mortgage
- Your new IRRRL must be lower than current one to qualify
- Converting an ARM to a Fixed is allowed even if payment goes up
- 640 FICO/credit score or higher to qualify
VA does not set a minimum credit score but lenders who make the loans often require borrowers in the loan terms a minimum credit score for their VA home loan. Find out more about a VA into a Refinance Loan.
What is a VA Funding Fee and how much is it for a Streamline?
The VA funding fee is collected by lenders at closing and is financed into the loan which helps offset the cost to fund the VA streamline program. It’s a requirement on all VA loans except when the veteran has had a service-related disability in which case they can be exempt from paying this fee. The funding fee is .5% for a veteran and for National Guard or Reservist.
Find out more about a VA into a Refinance Loan.
What Documents are Required to Qualify for a VA loan Streamline Refinance?
- A copy of your driver’s license, or government issued photo I.D.
- A copy of your DD Form 214 release paper or Statement of Service if active military
- A copy of your existing VA mortgage statement
- A copy of the Declarations page from your Homeowner’s Insurance policy
Current VA Refinance Rates (VA Mortgage Rates) for Streamline Program (IRRRL)
- 2.990% (3.145% annual percentage rate APR) 30-year fixed rate term
- 2.500% interest rate (2.799% interest rate APR) for a 15 year fixed rate loan type.
VA Refinance FAQ
Is it possible to defer two mortgage payments in my home refinance?
Yes, it’s possible to defer two monthly mortgage payments as part of your VA loan refinance
There is little to no equity in my home, can I still refinance?
Yes, you can. A VA loan streamline will allow you to refinance without an appraisal or even if your home’s value is zero.
Will there be an income check to qualify?
No, the lender will only verify if you are still employed but will not verify actual income. That is why debt to income is not a factor in qualifying for a VA Streamline Refinance.
Find out more about a VA into a Refinance Loan.
Do I need a Certificate of Eligibility for a VA loan Streamline?
Typically, this is not required since used the COE to qualify for the original VA mortgage
Will my VA loan amount increase by doing a Streamline?
If you choose to roll in your closing costs instead of paying for them, closing your loan will increase by this amount including the VA loan’s funding fee. A maximum of two discount points may be rolled into the loan. If you pay more than two discount points, the remainder must be paid in cash. But by deferring two mortgage payments, receiving an escrow refund, and the savings per month your breakeven on the streamline is typically realized quickly.
Can I subordinate a 2nd mortgage?
Yes, you are allowed to subordinate a 2nd mortgage and just pay off your current VA loan as long as the lien holder will allow it.
Is there a loan limit to how much I can cash out?
No, you can cash out up to the full 90% of the appraised value or can cash out less if you choose without penalty.
Find out more about a VA into a Refinance Loan.See How Easy it is to Get Your Custom Rate!