Florida Home Loans
If you are searching the Florida market for a new mortgage loan or to refinance your current mortgage, it is important you know the things that will influence your mortgage rates. And we here at Moreira Team are always willing to help Florida homebuyers reduce their payments as much as possible by assisting them to get the lowest rates or to lower their current rates. That is why we have covered all that information in details, but first let’s start with a summary.
Generally speaking, many factors influence interest rates, but here are a few that you can consider yourself.
- The loan amount: very large and very small loans attract higher interest rates. A large mortgage (jumbo loan) carries a bigger risk to the lender. And for a small one (say $100,000 or less), the lender will have to charge you more interest to get a decent profit. In Florida, the best way to get an affordable rate is to take out a loan that lies anywhere between $100,000 and $424,100.
- Your credit score (FICO score): the higher your credit score is, the better your chances of getting a low-interest mortgage loan.
- Type of loan: government-insured loans (FHA, VA, and USDA) usually have lower interest rates than conventional loans. But they attract private mortgage insurance, which increases your payments.
- Down payment: the more down payment you make, the lower the interest rate charged on your mortgage.
- Loan term: short term mortgages have lower interest rates than long-term mortgages.
- Your home’s location: high-end neighborhoods in Florida (like Miami) attract higher interest rates than the reasonably affordable areas like Jacksonville and Gainesville.
Our experts can tell you more on how you can lower your mortgage interest rates. We also have mortgage loan packages with the lowest Florida home loans rates. Be sure to contact us for more details on how we can help with regards to your Florida home loans rates.
Florida City Mortgage Service Areas