Georgia Mortgage Process
The best and easiest way to apply for a mortgage is through a real estate company. Georgia realtors usually know the kind of information Georgia lenders want. If you want to increase your chances of getting approved for a mortgage, we strongly recommend that you apply through Moreira Team. Our professional mortgage advisors will go through your information and tell you whether it is sufficient or if you have to add or correct anything.
The Georgia mortgage process can be broken into four main stages:
- The application phase: this is where you fill and submit application forms to your Georgia realtor or lender. With today’s technology virtually all lenders and realtors use online application forms. You can start your mortgage process right here through our website. Depending on the lender, you may also have to submit supporting documents like income statements and credit reports.
- Appraisal: the lender will need to see the value of the property as appraised by a professional. Here at Moreira Team, we encourage borrowers to use local Georgia appraisers because they understand the local real estate industry well.
- Underwriting: your information will be submitted to the underwriter for analysis. Upon examination, they will either approve or reject your application. In Georgia, about 12.8% of all applications are rejected. That is why we insist you apply through our website so that we push for your approval.
- Approval: if approved, you will be notified of the same either directly or through your realtor. Note that a mortgage loan comes with terms and conditions. This is the point where you get to see them in writing.
- Closing and funding: the final phase is the closing meeting where you will sign all the relevant documents and contracts. After that, the funds will be transferred. You can now complete the purchase.
Apply through Moreira Team, and we will be with you all the way, guiding you through every step.
Georgia City Mortgage Service Areas