When Does a Refinance Mortgage Make Sense?
- Shorten Your Term So You Can Pay Off Your Mortgage Faster
- Drop Your Interest Rate to lower your payments. (Please note – the total finance charges may be higher over the life of your loan).
- Stop Your Payments From Rising switch from an Adjustable Rate to a Fixed Rate Mortgage
- Pull Cash Out for home improvement or for personal use.
- Use a refinance mortgage to Consolidate high interest credit card debt.
- Lower Your payment even with no equity with the Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) (Please note – the total finance charges may be higher over the life of your loan).
- Lock in a lower VA rate with a VA Streamline Refinance Loan
- Lock in a lower rate FHA with a FHA Streamline Refinance Loan
Finally, Refinancing Made Simple
Let’s revisit your refinance mortgage needs and choose the right mortgage refinancing option that will bring you closer to your financial goals and Stated Income Loans.
Evaluate Your Loan Needs
By understanding some ways to refinance mortgage basics found in the refinance section of our website you will be more confident and prepared for your pre-approval.
You need to get pre-approved upfront to assess what your actual savings will be and what you can actually afford based on your specific goals you are looking to accomplish. Usually we look at your credit score, your income, your homes value and your assets to determine eligibility. This however does not apply to all programs: For example on a VA Streamline or an FHA Streamline there’s no income check and no appraisal required. The pre-approval process is fast to refinance your mortgage and will answer all the questions and even some you have not thought of yet.
Applying for a home loan with The Moreira Team could not be easier. Just pick the most convenient option for you below to start the process and a Licensed Mortgage Advisor will assist you.
Processing your loan is really an exercise in verifying information. One of our friendly Mortgage Advisor Assistants will guide you ever step of the way with collecting all the required items needed to process your loan and help you in locating any missing documents.
When refinancing your mortgage the Underwriter has the final say on whether your loan is approved or rejected and under what terms. If for some reason your loan is not approved under the terms for which you have applied, a counter offer is usually made if possible.
Congratulations! Your loan is approved and any final items needed will be requested in order to complete your refinance.
Closing Your Loan
Usually your closing will take place at your home, the attorneys office, or any other convenient place you choose. Our Closing Coordinator will contact you 24 – 72 hours prior to your closing to review the final settlement statement and make sure everything has been properly scheduled with the title company in order to have a successful closing.
Disclosure: Even though a lower interest rate can have a profound effect on monthly payments and potentially save you thousands of dollars per year, the results of such refinancing may result in higher total finance charges over the life of the loan.