How To Find A Realtor
It’s great to look at homes on your own, but there are some key advantages to working with a realtor to guide you through the home buying process and first you have to find a realtor you can trust.
What are key benefits of working with a local Realtor
What to look for in your agent
You want to work with a realtor you can trust and with the knowledge to help you navigate through the home buying process. You need someone with experience in the local area you are looking to live and someone who makes you feel comfortable. A good agent is invaluable during the home buying process so choose wisely, it can make the difference between getting a good deal or not. If you need to find a real estate agent or need a recommendation for a proven trusted realtor be sure to ask your mortgage advisor.
Here are a few points to consider before finding a realtor:
- Make sure when you find a realtor that he/she is highly responsive to your needs and available to your mortgage advisor.
- If you are looking for a specific type of property find a realtor who specializes in that area could be a good fit.
- Ask the agent how long they have been working in the area and if they are licensed
- Make sure your personality and attitude is a good match with the agent you are hiring to help you find a home because you will be spending a lot of time together.
- Make sure your agent can easily access the MLS listings to filter the homes you are looking for and give you new opportunities to look at homes that are coming on the market
- Ask that your agent is available around your schedule to visit homes.
- Ask for few references from recent home sales
Benefits of a Real Estate Agent
- Organize hundreds of listings to narrow your criteria to several homes that meet the features and amenities you’re looking for.
- Have access to new properties even before they are listed publicly
- Provide you with a competitive market intelligence of the homes in your neighborhood of interest, so you can see what fair market value is before making an offer
- Provide localized information about the neighborhood, community and schools
- When you find a realtor arrange home visits on your behalf with the listing agent.
- Work with you from experience to show you the strengths and weaknesses of particular home
- When you are ready to buy a home the realtor will guide you through the buying process, preparing the offer to purchase, key documentation and negotiating on your behalf